Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Back Online

Got Internet access back today after a 6 day breakdown. It was literally a cut wire outdoors. A lot has been going on and I'll try to make a complete posting tonight.

As I mentioned, I did buy RTN and GIGM on Monday. I also got some most excellent news this morning that Sprint was buying out VM (Sprint Nextel To Acquire Virgin Mobile USA). There must have been rumors on Monday as the stock went from $3.88 to $4.21. Today it moved up to $5.19. I sold my shares today (a 20% gain for me), there doesn't seem to be much reason to get into the arbitrage game. I also sold my ICO yesterday, as they also had good earnings (International Coal Group Reports Second Quarter 2009 Results). The sale of ICO continues my push to get back to pure MFI investing. ICO was an excellent investment, ending up 54% for me.

More this evening.

No comments: