Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Dumb Headline

Dumb Headline

More and more I see these headlines and articles regarding companies I own that are utter nonsense. Many are computer generated/aided and not very smart. I know as I follow my stocks closely, but others may not no.

Here is the headline:

Why Did Pilgrim’s Pride Fall ~6% on May 6?

The answer is very short and sweet. They went x-dividend that date. The special dividend was $2.75. So they did not actually fall, they went up.

Here is the verbal diarrhea in the first paragraph "explaining" the fall:

 Pilgrim’s Pride (PPC) has a market cap of $6.2 billion. It fell by 5.9% to close at $24.76 per share on May 6, 2016. The stock’s weekly, monthly, and year-to-date (or YTD) price movements were -8.0%, -4.4%, and 12.1%, respectively, on May 6. This means that PPC is trading 2.0% below its 20-day moving average, 0.67% below its 50-day moving average, and 12.0% above its 200-day moving average.




No comments: