Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Say What?

Sometimes the stock market out and out befuddles me. AMED had what I thought (and the headline writers thought) a blow-out quarter and gave great guidance for 2010. On top of that was a large amount of shorts... looked like a powder keg. Check out early headlines:

  1. Amedisys Reports Fourth Quarter Revenue and Earnings and Issues 2010 Guidance
  2. InPlay: AMEDISYS beats by $0.04, beats on revs; guides FY10 EPS and net services revs above consensus
  3. UPDATE - Amedisys Q4 profit beats Street; FY outlook tops view
  4. Amedisys 4Q profit jumps 43 percent
But it was a big bust, down 1.5% on the day. CBI was down 4.5%, I knew I didn't feel good about their earnings. HCKT reported this evening (The Hackett Group Announces Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year Results), they didn't exactly knock the cover off the ball...

CSKI update: I did buy back into CSKI today, I had seen this song and dance several times. They were up about 9%. I will likely hold about 3 weeks post their earnings in March.

No comments: