Friday, February 12, 2010

Ground Gained

Not a bad week... surprisingly decent actually. I was 3.4% below breakeven a week ago and am now 1.2% underwater.

SHE led the hit parade, up 30% on the week. It was odd, they didn't issue a press release on their earnings (that I saw) but they did file a 10K (SHENGKAI INNOVATIONS, INC. Files SEC form 10-Q, Quarterly Report). Revenues were up YoY a snappy 50%. I am sure that drove the stock spike, I could have probably taken advantage of it (I don't think people noticed for a day about the 10k release, it came out at 11 am on Thursday, but the stock went nowhere yesterday and then shot up 10% today) but I have been pretty busy.

AMED and TSRA were both up about 10%. TSRA joined an index (S&P to add Tessera Technologies to Smallcap 600) that is always good for about 5%. Then I am not sure why AMED was up, it has just been a volatile stock. There are 14m shares short and their earnings are upcoming, so perhaps some shorts are getting cold feet.

More later this weekend..

No comments: