Monday, February 22, 2010

One Good, One Not So Good

Two of my stocks reported earnings today. ENDP has superb earnings, and a strong 2010 outlook (UPDATE - Endo Pharma Q4 easily beats Street, sees strong 2010). They were up YoY by 10% and think 2010 will be up another 10%. This is such a cheap stock, earning about $3.00 a share and a strong balance sheet... at under $22 share.

Then CBI had okay earnings after the bell (InPlay: CB&I beats by $0.02, misses on revs; guides FY10 EPS in-line, revs below consensus) we'll see what happens tomorrow. They are up 64% for me, so I suspect expectations are pretty high.

I mentioned some time ago that I sold CSKI post earnings as they always had great earnings, popped and then crashed back down. I sold them around $18 and was kicking myself for the past two months as they climbed to about $22. Today they dropped 18% to $14.64. I am not entirely sure what drove the drop (looks like some rumor-blog). But for the brave, it may be a buying opportunity. CSKI has historically been one of my best stocks ever, I have been fortunate to buy low and sell high several times... we'll see, I have to say I am pretty negative on stocks in general right now. Cash is looking pretty good right now.

No comments: