Friday, August 14, 2009

Vacation Wrap Up

Back home tomorrow morning from my vacation. Am at a Marriott Courtyard with a decent internet, and will try a quickie review. First I had a ton of stocks report earnings this past week:

CSKI, UTA, HCKT, KHD, QXM, WH and BR.

Generally, they were disappointing. WH and KHD both sunk about 10%. UTA dropped as well, though I never figured out why. I thought QXM, CSKI and HCKT were ok at best. BR was the only strong one and it finished up over 13%.

Despite some poor performers, my portfolio was generally flat for the week. Can't complain about that. Good chance I'll be adding a few new stocks this weekend. I think BKE and GTLS might both be entering the top 25, along with PRIM and SEPR. We'll see if they are all there on Sunday. But it mightg be time to go shopping as I am 13% in cash.

I did see where a few of my "near" MFI stocks really poppoed this week. ADY was up about 7% and GRVY was up a whopping 20%.

More on Sunday.

No comments: