Friday, June 08, 2007

MFI Stock Picking Contest - Update

Several further comments.

I am going to change the time to a year instead of 6 months to match the spirit of the book. I orginally picked 6 months in the event other people wanted to join, they would not have to wait a year. But I would not be able to start a new on in Dec/Jan any way as that is an extremely busy time for me.

Please email your entries to me at marsh_gerda@yahoo.com. Place MFI Stocking Picking Contest in subject line so I can recognize. People should email me 2x, 1st to officially say they want to participate. In that email they should also indicate whether they are okay being on an email list with entire group. The second email, nearer June 30th should have the stock picks.

The format for the picks should simply be a list of stock symbols as defined in Yahoo (so with .PK or .OB as appropriate) and each symbol separated by a comma. So it will look like:

ASPV,AXCA,CWRS,CAW,BPT,DBRN,CHCG.OB,MOT,MRO,PTEN,KG,VALU,UG,TTMI,KFY

I'd ask that each person make some notes on how they made their selections. Could be "random", "all stocks beginning with P or M", "cross section with 2nd screen" etc. But I would like to ask the winner in a year tell everyone how he/she made the picks.

The contest will take closing prices the day before July 1st and run through closing prices of June 30th 2007. I will also track a top 25, top 50 and top 100 portfolio along with Russell 3000 benchmark.

Finally, in a couple of weeks I'll post a list of stocks eligible. It will not be meant to be a comprehensive list, but should have most choices.

No comments: