Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Doom & Gloom

Wow, pretty depressing day/week/month. A few weeks ago it was Dow 36,000 all over again. "To the Moon!", now it is "stagflation". I don't know, probably neither is right. Jubak still thinks the market will go up for the rest of 2007. While my stocks went down, they didn't go down as much as the averages. My non-MFI portfolio actually went up today. I am sure that'll jinx it.

UG - no it isn't a sound of disgust. It is a stock I think I may add next week to my MFI portfolio. Very interesting company. Small. Yet pays over a 4% dividend. They just had a terrific quarter and are quite bullish for the rest of 2007. Yet what has their stock done in the past 2 weeks? Gone from $13.32 to $11.39. A steal at that price. I will wait until Monday though, my new plan is to add a stock every other week.

AEO announced AH that they're increasing their dividend from 30 cents to 40 cents (American Eagle Outfitters Raises Cash Dividend 33% to Annual Rate of $0.40 Per Share). I think AEO is a great bargain right now at $26.02. You can "bet your bippy" I'll be picking them in the stock contest if they stay there. Speaking of which, we only have 13 entries so far! Please refer to my previous blog for entry info in VSE.

No comments: