Friday, June 15, 2007

Gross Overreaction?

Many pundits say that Bill Gross, the Bond Guru caused interest rates to spike last week as he became less bullish on bonds. That caused the stock market to tumble. James Stewart had a great article (The Market Overreacted to Bill Gross's Caution) saying that the market overreacted as they only read the headline and not what Gross actually said. Typical.

My stocks continue to hold about a 1% lead over the benchmark. I have re-jiggered some of my target sell dates for my portfolio. I have decided I want to structure my portfolio so I have one stock to sell/buy every week to every two weeks. So I have stretched some target sell dates to more than a year and some less than a year to spread them out a bit. Stocks that are still on the list (such as AEO) have been extended. Stocks in a negative position, such as HW or in my IRA, such as PNCL have been compressed. More later.

No comments: