Thursday, October 19, 2006

ASPV Has Been Bought

ASPV dove another 5% today to $20.80. I could not stand it any more and bought it. At this time it is not in my MFI portfolio (although I do have an opening with 29 stocks held currently).
I am having a little seller's regret in my sale of PCU. It has gone up about $3 since I said good-bye. Cramer even gave them his confidence the other day:

Peruvian Play

Southern Copper (PCU - news - Cramer's Take - Rating) is "a great way to play one of the last capitalist countries [Peru] standing in Latin America," Cramer told his viewers.

One of the best reasons to buy this stock is the yield. In fact, if market players bought Southern Copper and it did nothing for a year, they would be up 8% because of its "glorious" dividend, he said.

"Even if copper is cheaper, it's in demand," said Cramer, who added that Southern Copper has a "monster upside surprise" coming.

The company just opened a big mine and settled a major labor dispute favorable to Southern Copper's management, he said. Plus, this year the company is not hedging.

Removing the cost of hedging should cause an "earnings explosion," Cramer said. He advised people to buy Southern Copper on a pullback.

TGIS is having a monster week as the market embraced their earnings and 35% growth.They started the week at $11.82 and are now $13.52. I don't have a calculator at hand, but that has to be about 15%.

PGI announced their earnings this evening. I skimmed the release quickly and it didn't look inspiring. I expect they'll drop 3 to 5% tomorrow.

Overall my day was pretty good. I don't have my chart in front of me, but I think I am up about $11k or $12k now and trail the benchmark by about $7k.

Pretty funny. MTEX was downgraded today by some research analyst I have never heard of. What is funny though is the Yahoo list of upgrades/downgrades as they were downgraded to buy a while back and now downgraded to buy again. Didn't Matrix have to upgrade them at some point???

UPGRADES & DOWNGRADES HISTORY
DateResearch FirmActionFromTo
19-Oct-06Matrix ResearchDowngradeStrong BuyBuy
7-Jul-06Avondale PartnersInitiated
Mkt Outperform
17-Apr-06Matrix ResearchDowngradeStrong BuyBuy

1 comment:

Nick said...

Tell me about sellers regret (TGIS)...ugh!