Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Risk On?

Risk On/Risk Off

I guess everything is okay now. Greece isn't solved. People are sitting in on Wall Street. The US Govt is print money like it is going out of style. European and US Banks are teetering on insolvency. The states are laying off tons of people. the Congress and President are barely talking with each other. But hey, the market went up sharply the past two days. So everything is hunky-dory!

I don't know. Greenblatt and Buffett seem to think we're at a great buying opportunity. But Hussmann says we have further to fall (Recession, Restructuring, and the Ring Fence
). When are the experts disagree, I always look to the reliable Moose (DecisionMoose.com). He says Cash is king right now.

The "risk on" move of the past two days has helped the MFI tracking portfolios. The one I set up this weeked is up 2.8% vs 1% for the Russell 3000. I would suggest that is pretty normal.

I am very satisfied to continue my dividend stock path. And all anyone can really do is find the investing approach that is comfortable for him/her.

Steve Jobs Dies

As I am writing my blog. I just heard Steve Jobs died (Apple Visionary Steve Jobs Dies At 56). Wow, that really makes me sad. What an American Icon. He resurrected Apple and has done as much for the American economy as anyone. It is a message to all of us (especially those in the 50+ category), our days on this earth are limited and even with money and medical technology, there is only so much that can be done. So go back and read Tuesdays With Morrie. Think about what is important in your life.

No comments: