Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Read All About It!

In The News

Thought I'd run through some of my stocks in the news. I have been continuing to sell my MFI portfolio. I have now sold DELL, SNDK, KLIC, AGX, AAPL, PWER, VECO and CMTL. To be frank, it hasn't worked out well. Most of the stocks have rallied since I sold them, all except AAPL (I sold at $420) and VECO. I should have held CMTL as it was a dividend stock, I was just nervous overall about the market.

Here are some recent headlines along with some self-deprecation.


Of course I am bummed to see stocks I sell almost immediately go up. But I am satisfied with my holdings. I am ok with the SLF sell-off, that is short term... not a broken company. It does illustrate the uphill challenges of all insurance companies trying to stretch for yield. But I like their commercials, they are pretty funny (Sun Life Guys & Sun Valley Ski Resort).

No comments: