Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Couple of Stock Ideas

AHCI - a stock I bought when it came on my mechanical top 25 portfolio announced surprisingly good earnings today (Allied Healthcare International Inc. Reports Fiscal 2009 First Quarter Results). They spiked 18% on the day, but I suspect they have more upside.

An interesting development today was PDGI. This is not an MFI stock, but had been as high as $42 in 2008 and started the day around $1. A company announced they were taking them private at $5 a share as they had about $3.5 in cash. I comment on this, becuase there are a lot of MFI stocks that have a ton of cash in a relative basis and are low-hanging fruit for some one to buy. It will start happening, and then you'll see some action, jackson, in the MFI world.

My final stock I will note today is Dell. I had not looked at them in many months, and was amazed to see they're under $10! I don't know, that seems pretty darned cheap to me. They are trading at less than 3x past 12 months EBITDA. They have a ton of cash (8.6b). I know computer sales will be depressed for a while, but this is Dell and they make quality computers and have a great way to order on line. But they are trading like eMachines. I haven't bought them, but am considering... maybe they'll be the next feature in Barron's!

No comments: