Sunday, January 20, 2008

High End

Too depressing to talk about how my portfolio is faring of late. Needless to say, it is at an all-time low, about 90K below break-even. Even the benchmark is below break-even. This has been a nasty market. I still think the approach is sound, though it is rather trying right now (vast understatement).

I do believe the market has pretty much hit bottom. James Stewart had an interesting article the other day (Luxury Stocks at a Discount). In this article he discusses how some high-end stocks are approaching very attractive prices.

I am having technical problems pulling up the list, but I know COH is on the list. Coach was as high as $54 in 2007 and has dropped to $25. Even in tough times, their past quarterly revenues were 28% above a year ago. They have a 42% return on equity. Analysts are projecting 21% growth for the year ending June 08 and 15% growth for the year ending 2009. I think they are a pretty compelling MFI stock for people looking at larger cap opportunities.

If I get the MFI list to work later today I'll post more later on any other high end stocks on the list.

No comments: