Saturday, January 05, 2019

Shared MFI Index File

Shared MFI Index File

Well, I have decided that this is the year for me to start cloud computing a bit more in earnest.  I have been toying with Google Docs and it has really gotten better.  So as an experiment, I have created a "Portfolio Tracker" file.

To give it a test run, I have entered transactions as if creating a portfolio of the 50 MFI stocks > 100m as of start of the year.  After you enter the transactions, it automatically does the following things:


  1. Creates a portfolio table showing the current value of all 50 stocks.
  2. It shows the sector each stock is in.
  3. It shows the dividend x date (per Nasdaq)
  4. It shows the most recent dividend/upcoming dividend (per Nasdaq)
  5. It classifies each stock by market cap.
  6. It creates pie charts
All I have to do manually is add each dividend as a transaction.  And I need to save the portfolio value each weekend, so I can have a graph of portfolio value over the year.

I

And, I am happy to share it with my readers.  Here is a link.  Feel free to look at it and make suggestions on improvements.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LQJMzDhn8QY5NmM4x0qNFb-RbnnQ3KJunPTkNJXWUlQ/edit?usp=sharing



No comments: