Saturday, November 18, 2017

Interesting Barron's Article On HIL

Barron's Article on HIL

As my regular readers know (all 47 of you), I have a Misc portfolio that has been lagging the results of my other portfolios.  One of my names is HIL. It is about 7% of the total Misc portfolio and trades at $5.30.  I started buying them in May and have an average basis of $5.01.

Barron's today had an interesting article about them.  Here is link and a few key excerpts (Engine Capital Approaches Hill International - Barron's). 


HIL trades at 0.6 x revenue and 6 x EBITDA while peers are 1.0 x revenue and 
9 x EBITDA. So that tells you there is room for improvement.  Barron's estimates
$8 to $9 value at normal multiples.

It is reported HIL has hired a banker and even without a banker the valuation gap
could close with a few good quarters and finishing restatement of financials.

Obviously that would be a 60% gain for me if the $8.50 range. Fingers crossed that we get a catalyst.

No comments: