Thursday, June 04, 2015

Just Embarrassing

I was reading a write up by 24/7 WallStreet this afternoon about VIAB. It was just embarrassing. I have mentioned it in my blog before, the amount of inaccuracies in some of these "news sources" is appalling.

Here is the paragraph (article was about UBS upgrades to media stocks) that made me raise my eyebrows: "Time Warner.  This is a top media stock to buy at UBS and with good reason. Time Warner Inc (TWX) owns a wide name of entertainment brands including TNT, TBS, CNN, HBO, Cinemax, Warner Bros., New Line Cinema, People, Sports Illustrated and Time. "

Excuse me? I am pretty sure that the magazines were part of the spinoff last fall of TIME. Time Warner doesn't own those last three any more.  And how about the grammar: "a wide name of entertainment brands"? Don't they mean a wide range?

So when you see an error like that, would you pay for their services? Really? Just embarrassing. Others I have pointed out are clearly written by computers.

No comments: