Tuesday, June 28, 2011

CNU Gets Bought

Always good to see an MFI stock get taken over. M&A is a great way to quickly realize value. CNU was bought for a 35% premium on Monday morning. Looking at the stock chart, it would appear some people were pretty sure of the deal Friday afternoon. They should hang those people by their thumbs. The SEC must know who was jumping the gun.

My portfolio is creeping back to breakeven since starting 5+ years ago. As I mentioned, I bought AAPL last week. I did sell RAI, which I had held for 1.5 years and had a 50%+ gain. It was a very good stock.

I do apologize for abbreviated posts of late. It is very busy right now. We are in the process of moving from Bermuda to Connecticut... so my wife gives me an angry look when I blog instead of helping pack etc. And of course she is right. Also, a lot going on at my job.

1 comment:

drew said...

My one year with CNU was up mid June, and it was no longer on the top 30 list, so I unfortunately missed the jump.