Saturday, January 03, 2009

Moving Up

Nice to turn the calendar to 2009. We'll see if it is any better. I do know we've had a furious rally of late, not sure that it is the real McCoy though.

The amazing thing is that my MFI portfolio is up 51% since the all-time low on November 20th. Here are some individual stocks

LCAV +60%
FTO +74%
TRID +51%
TRA +58%
BR +46%
TC +74%
QXM +46%
EGY +92%
BOLT +42%
ODP +179%
CSKI +103%
KBR +61%
PCR +92$
FSUMF +95%
KHD +87%
MTW +92%

It has been a wild run. Of course it was off incredible lows and I am still under water, but the trend is my friend of late.

In my mechanical contest, I'll be adding two new stocks this weekend, and these stocks have also been up over 50% since the end of November.

AHCI and CKSW.

AHCI provides home healthcare-that seems semi recession proof. They have a market cap of $52m and they have $26m of excess cash. They have had a steady income stream. I don't know, if you don't mind microcaps, this one might be worth considering at $1.15. Also, they are based in the U.K. Not sure if that is a plus or minus.

CKSW is an Israeli software company. Kind of like AHCI, they have a market cap a bit over 50m and about 24m of excess cash. They have a high ROIC as software companies are not usually capital intensive. They made a ton of money in the 3rd quarter. I am often suspicious of companies that don't have smooth earnings as it could be a one-time event. Reading their report, they are pretty bullish about growth opportunities. It does look like they're dependent on SAP. All-in-all they look like an interesting play as well.

We'll add these two new promising microcaps to my mechanical portfolio. I might consider one for real life... AHCI seems quite compelling.

Have fun everyone!

No comments: