Wednesday, October 01, 2008

KBR and China Update

Quick note to pass the time as people run around as if their hair is on fire. I watched Mad Money and saw where Cramer gave a glowing recommendation to KBR. I think he is right on, as I mentioned in my blog about construction stocks. I don't think it is down though because of the "Cheney" factor. I just think anything associated with oil/refinery construction is down. But they are very cheap and very well-run. I might make them my next buy.

Then I actually got an email from IR at CAST. I asked them about the shelf offering. They will be calling me tomorrow morning. It is a bit difficult to find a good time as there is a 13 hour time differential.

1 comment:

Alex Garcia said...

I own KBR, which is down about 20%+ since I first purchased it. I got interested in the stock after it appeared in the top 25. I also thought it would be a type of stock that Joel Greenblatt would talk about in "Stock market Genius". But overall, oil service companies have been getting their butt kicked up and down the isle. HAL is down almost 50% from its 52 week high. At the time it was trading at roughly 5x earnings (math below). How, What, Why!? Time for some math.

Price:$14

Earnings:1.64

P.E: 8.5

Cash On Hand: $9.16

New P/E: A hair below 3