Wednesday, November 07, 2007

New Stock

I did buy my 1st new stock in a while.

LCAV - this is a company that runs Laser Vision Centers. They recently showed up on the top 25 list. They were a recent high flying growth company and traded as high as $50 this year. I bought them for $17.59. They also pay a nice 4% dividend. MF had a positive article on them that clinched my buying decision (More Than Meets the Eye at LCA-Vision). I had an open slot from back in September, so I now have a full load. TGIS is up for sale later this month, can't say I'll be sorry to see them go.

Rough day all around today. My MFI portfolio now ITD is just barely in the black. Basically 20 months and zippo. But I still have hope. The book does make a strong case that the system works... over time.

No comments: