Monday, November 05, 2007

Bad to Worse

GVHR got crushed today (UPDATE - Gevity Q3 profit drops, outlook weak; shares tank). Sadly, the verb "tank" doesn't do it justice... it was down over 30%. I am not sure, but I believe that is my largest single day percentage drop for me. Not a record I care to eclipse. But that bad news was shared,

THO dropped over 6% as the street didn't like their earnings either (Thor Announces Quarter Sales Up 5% to $763 Million; Backlog at Record $476 Million; Cash at $263 Million). Hmm, that headline sounds darn good.

KSWS went down 6% on no news that I saw. Wait ML downgraded them.

So my portfolio now trails the benchmark by a whopping 9%. It isn't just me. My 12 open tracking portfolios are trailing the benchmark by an average of 4.8%. Frankly, the approach isn't working right now. I know JG said there would be stretches like this and you could even have back-to-back under-performing years. I hope he is right.

No comments: