Monday, September 10, 2012

KSW Payday

Got some great news with my raisin toast this morning. One of my longest held stocks, KSW, finally had it's long awaited catalyst. They are being bought by a private firm for five dollars a share, which is a nice 22 percent bump for the day. Given that I had a pretty sizable chunk, it was a very nice payday.

S at the end of the day, I had a 37% gain on KSW. If I had been in just the russell 3000, I would have gained 22%, so it is another dividend winner.  I did sell my shares as I did not see much reason to hold.

I now have the most cash I have had in my dividend portfolio since April 2011. I am not su what to do with the money. I will likely just wait for a pullback, unless I get a brainstorm. In the meantime, looks like steak and lobster tonight!

2 comments:

AndrewsDad said...

I also have KSW, guessing I originally borrowed the idea from you. Will need to figure out what to do with the cash as I try to always stay fully invested. Currently at the top of my interest list is CAT. Estimated growth rate slightly higher than the industry. PE ratio less than the industry. Consistently beats estimates. Pays a 2.4% dividend. May not be a home run in the waiting but should be solid place to put some money that is relatively safe.

Marsh_Gerda said...

Interesting you mention cat. I was making a list of stocks I would buy on a pullback and joy was on my short list. Glad you made some $ on KSW.