Wednesday, December 09, 2009

JTX Soars

Well, so far JTX has been one of my laggards. They reported earnings this morning (Jackson Hewitt Reports Fiscal 2010 Second Quarter Results). Now typically a September quarter for a tax preparation company is as exciting as wathcing the proverbial paint dry. But not so this time and the stock jumped a snappy 18%. It shows how far down I was as I am still in the red, but hopefully this will lead to bigger and better things.

My other big gainer was LIWA, which shot up another 12% on extremely high volume. The 30% spike last week was prodded by an article in IBD. I have no idea what caused 4x normal volume.

Some one asked me about GIGM. I obviously liked them as they are a holding. I haven't seen any report or earnings since I bought the stock and it has moved down quite a bit (5.02 to 3.60). They should have reported in early September and pretty soon here in December, so they're almost two reports in arrears. I can't say that fills me with confidence... usually a company at least gives an excuse "we're working on a revenue problem with our auditors" or somethng. I suspect that much longer and they could be at a risk of de-listing.

4 comments:

Homer315 said...

I don't own GIGM, but if one of my stocks didn't report for two straight quarters I'd freak the F out frankly. ESPECIALLY without any explanation.

I own JTX too. It's so frickin cheap -- if they can do anything this coming tax season, I think the stock can really take off.

Unknown said...

Nice information.

I was also looking for some information on tax preparation last weak and contacted Best online tax preparation as one of my friend referred them.I am satisfied by their service & also recommend them to you all. They are really a true tax preparation consultant.

I am amazed by their service.

Thanks,

Candy

Homer315 said...

Candy you saucy wench, I don't believe you.

Unknown said...

it looks like someone on the yahoo board apparently got ahold of investor's relations. the pedigree of gigm's management is pretty solid - not sure what is happening. the sec records show no investigation at this point.