Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Good Buy to TGB

I sold TGB today. It was a double for me. I bought them at $2.50 and sold at $5.49. I think it got well above $6 back in the go-go days in October. Still, can't and won't complain. They are off the list and so I am moving on. They may still have upside as they did increase their reserves substantially during the year.

I am beginning to wonder if I'll ever be able to sell VALU. It is one lightly traded stock. It often has a dollar spread between the bid and the ask. Another lightly traded stock is UG (what was I thinking buying a stock with that name?). They announced earnings today (United-Guardian Reports Substantial Earnings Increase). With that announcement (which was very confusing as they said nothing about the past quarter) they traded a grand total of 6700 shares. Oh well, I have a couple more months on both those names.

With TGB moving from open to closed, my best open stock is now VSNT, up all of 27%. It was up over 50% at the start of 2008. MSTR is another software company that was up 50% for me and is now up 7% (which I am thankful for, trust me). Only 8 of my 33 holdings are in the green. But Cramer says we have seen the bottom... so no need to worry!

No comments: