Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Best Day Yet

I think today may have been my best day yet. Overall up 4.1%. Of course that is on the heels of a dreadful 9 months and the 4.1% was pretty much in line with the broader markets. Still I can not deny that it felt good to have a day in the green.

IAR was up 18.7%
HGG was up 11.6%
JTX was up 9.8%
BBSI was up 8.1% and the list goes on.

HBMFF eeked out a minor gain post their earnings this morning, which as mentioned had so-so earnings today. They might fall off the list entirely.

USHS announced their earnings this evening (U.S. Home Systems Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2007 Financial Results). They are clearly no longer an MFI stock as they are not making money... but I don't think the floor will fall out further than it has already. I still have about 2 months left to hold them.

CHCG was my one loser today, down another 17% on the heels of their 38% drop on Monday.

I am considering buying another stock. COH, DELL and TEX are on my short list... I am looking at fewer small cap stocks.

Good news, the refiners which have really been beaten down did recover a bit today. Oh well, I am going to watch American Idol.

1 comment:

refutations said...

Told you so...