Monday, August 20, 2007

Greetings From Avon, Coloado

In Avon CO today. Breathtaking sunset tonight. Not a bad place to aspire to live. Now if I can just get my portfolio in gear.

Markets seemed a little more "normal" today. That was a relief for me. I did add some shares of CHCG to round out my position. $5.50 seems so cheap to me. I still do not understand the haircut from $7.35 to $5.45 post earnings.

Cramer actually highlighted one of my stocks today, UNTD (Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap). The last time I recall him talking up an MFI stock (VGR), it shot up 10 to 15% the following week and has never given it back. It is weird, he said the stock is "too cheap to ignore" but then said to wait for it to fall to $14 before buying. Hmmm. OTOH, I see where Barron's says that Cramer's picks have fared no better than the general market. That doesn't surprise me.

Not much more to say tonight. Think I'll go check out the stars.

Starry, starry night.
Paint your palette blue and grey,
Look out on a summer's day,
With eyes that know the darkness in my soul.
Shadows on the hills,
Sketch the trees and the daffodils,
Catch the breeze and the winter chills,
In colors on the snowy linen land.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So here's a question for you: if, after 3 years, you determine that MFI is still consistently (and considerably) beating the relevant indices, would you punch out and attempt to manage money (yours and others) full time?

Jchilib

Marsh_Gerda said...

Interesting question. To manage people for other people is not a simple proposition. You have to file with SEC etc. I have kicked around changing professions down the road and getting a CFA designation. So it is not totally impossible that I might hang up a shingle. But I'd say it would be 5 years down the road at least, I have a pretty good job right now.

MG