Thursday, August 07, 2008

News Flash! - Refiners Down

If you blinked, you missed it. FTO and WNR announced earnings today. Let us be nice and say they didn't overwhelm. I am going to go out on a limb and predict that the refiners will be falling off the MFI lists is short order. They are all taking a record quarter of income in 2q2007 and replacing it in the formula with limited earnings. FTO made $59 million in what is the peak driving quarter compared with $243m a year ago.

KG - my other company to have poor earnings today. I was busy and didn't have time to read the report, but I guess sales were worse than expected (King Pharmaceuticals shares dive after 2Q report).

I did add three new stocks to my contest against MD: SIGM, SWIR & NVDA.

Well, it is late... it was a miserable day. Think I'll end it on that note. The only good news is I'll be heading off on vacation next week, so my Blog should be pretty quiet until near the end of August.

No comments: