Friday, August 08, 2008

Big Day Part Deux

Wow, the market is so-so volatile. Down 200+ yesterday, up 300 today. What does it all mean? I am not sure. I suspect we're not at the bottom, bottom. The one thing I am starting to feel better about is that the stretch of underperformance for MFI and smaller cap stocks seems to be coming to an end. My last 5 tracking portfolios are all beating the benchmarks, after 19 straight being behind. Then in my stock market contest that I am running the 25 stocks greater than 100m are up a snappy 10%, versus the average portfolio being up 3.2% and the 25 stocks greater than 2b being down 0.2%. Makes you think.

I had a solid day, up about 2.7%.

I am starting to think about my 5 August buys. My short list includes:

BR, NOK, THO, AMAT, NVDA, BPT, QXM, HURC and COH.

I won't decide until I get back from my vacation. Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments: