Tuesday, October 09, 2007

So Tempting

TGB is on its way to becoming my best MFI stock yet. It is my best in $ gain, but not in %. It is up about 129%, while PNCL ended it's first year for me +155%. It is extremely tempting to sell TGB. We all have that instinct to want to "lock in" our gains as losing a paper gain is psychologically painful as Ken Fisher reminds us in his recent book.

But I am resisting the temptation as I do want to try and follow the rules AND I am not eager to pay ST capital gains taxes. And who is to say whether what I would swap into would do better? TGB does have some wind at it's back (Taseko Highlights Q4 Sales). The one thing I don't like about TGB is they seem to self-promote a lot. I did like one quote in today's release though by the CEO:

"With the combination of expected ongoing strength in metal prices and planned production growth, we believe Taseko is poised to continue to generate significantly increasing cash flow from operations."

Hmm, strange though... they were down 9% after hours for no reason I can see. They closed at 4pm at $6.05 and the bid/ask is $5.54 /$5.64. Not quite sure why, though message board suggests they are issuing more share which may dilute earnings. Not sure why they'd do that given comment on "strong cash flow". I'll wait until tomorrow, as likely as not just some rumor.

No comments: